need replacement stainless steel springs for cyklon 300 first stage: circa 1975

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaml

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
does anyone know where I can get the 2 stainless steel springs for a cyklon 300 (1975) first stage?
I recently had my cyklon reworked because I want to start using it again as my backup (primary is atomic B2); I used this reg for years and it always performed flawlessly; the work was done by a shop in st. peters, MO and I must say they did a great job- even scored some much needed port adapters for newer gauges;
however, they indicated they didn't have and couldn't find replacement SS springs for the first stage; they said the springs looked fine and that, in their tests, the intermediate pressure remained constant; the regulator performance numbers were "ok" ( h2o cracking effort :high test 1.3/ h2o cracking effort: low test 1.4); however-for the sake of completeness- and maybe a tiny bit better performance, I would like to find the springs and have them installed;(BTW the octo they reworked was a second stage from an old SP MKVII: they used a new g250 conversion kit and its test numbers were better than the poseidon);
would also like the name of any shop in florida that can replace these springs for me rather than have to mail-off the reg to MO again (which i would gladly do but i am just trying to get turnaround as fast and easy as possible since i now live in florida)
thanks - i can't wait to get the 300 wet again

Hi Yaml,
I know it's been a couple of days since you have placed your question. If you still need support in getting Cyklon 300 spares, PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom