Need some opinion or advice on UW Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah... Definitely looking forward to rhat. Got to choose a good yet affordable strobe.

Inon S-2000 seems to be well-regarded, but I have no personal experience with it. Sea & Sea YS-01 is broadly similar. With the release of Inon Z-330 and Sea & Sea YS-D2, the previous models (Z-240, YS-D1) are frequently available on the used market. I thought I would save money by going with SeaFrogs ST-100 Pro, and I somewhat regret it - they have a number of glaring deficiencies that are not advertised; in the end, I have pre-ordered a pair of the new Retras which I hope to have by next year's autumn holidays.

I'm never good with O-rings actually and I try to stay away from them as much as possible. Someone told me with double O-rings, if it does flood, it's going to flood slowly. But it'll still flood. But a vacuum system, to me it's an assurance even before it goes into the water.

I have Fantasea for RX100v. It has double o rings, no problems in about 100 dives with it this year. Inexpenisve, smaller size, light weight yet well built.The Nautcam and other aluminum housings lookl like they would be more durable but larger, heavier and significantly more expensive.

IMO...you will want to add strobes to your kit. Lighting makes a huge difference and the on camera strobe is way too limiting.

I have Fantasea for RX100v. It has double o rings, no problems in about 100 dives with it this year. Inexpenisve, smaller size, light weight yet well built.The Nautcam and other aluminum housings lookl like they would be more durable but larger, heavier and significantly more expensive.

IMO...you will want to add strobes to your kit. Lighting makes a huge difference and the on camera strobe is way too limiting.
I'm definitely going to get strobes. It's just a matter of time and type and of course, budget availability. Haha.

For the prices for UW housing, EVERY housing should have dual o-rings. But I do like my vacuum pump on my Nauiticam.
The Isotta comes with dual o-rings and a moisture sensor. You can add a vacuum system such as that made by Leak Sentinel. You can also get a vacuum system from Backscatter.

You can have both the vacuum system and dual o-rings with the Isotta and have the moisture sensor on top of that. You can’t fit dual o-rings on the Nauticam.

Water intrusion is less a design issue than it is maintenance. Taken care of, one o ring is fine. Ignored, two o rings aren’t enough.

Water intrusion is less a design issue than it is maintenance. Taken care of, one o ring is fine. Ignored, two o rings aren’t enough.
That's true, but my shearwater, many of my twist lights, Paralenz, all have 2 or more o-rings.

Oh man... Looks like I got to spend money on strobes next...bummer.
As one of my college photo professors once said, "you gotta have light for photography."
I'd add, it's how you creatively use that light that makes or breaks a photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom