Need stiff soled wetsuit booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walkonmars

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I used to use Akona molded sole booties. They had nice stiff soles and helped with efficient flutter kicking and frog kicking.
Those wore out and I got Mares Trilastic booties and the soles are too flexible. I hate them so much I just wear my hole stricken/cracked old Akonas.
Any suggestion for a replacement wetsuit bootie with a stiff molded sole?
I dive cold California water in a 7mm suit.

Thanks,
T

I found the Scubapro Delta 5 more than sufficiently stiff. Especially compared to Mares 7mm I used to use before.

Helped a lot with my leg cramps.

I used to use Akona molded sole booties. They had nice stiff soles and helped with efficient flutter kicking and frog kicking.
Those wore out and I got Mares Trilastic booties and the soles are too flexible. I hate them so much I just wear my hole stricken/cracked old Akonas.

Thanks,
T
Fourth element amphibian

Thanks,
T
Seasoft Scuba makes the “Stealth” 6mm booties. Thick sole, elevated heel, arch support

Bare Ice Boots (not they are not for cold water, just their name)

I saw soiled at first glance, assumed a weird proclivity. :wink:

There are a lot of stiff soled booties from various brands, chances those same boots are available with a different brand name on them, maybe check with scuba.com or deep6

converse chuck taylors

Fourth Element Rock Hoppers have a replaceable insole that might be stiff enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom