need stopwatch with seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
does anyone have a good recommendation for a digital stopwatch with a seconds display good to well over 130 fsw which has buttons that are water-proof and easy to hit with drygloves on? doubling as a clock or bottom timer (or both) would be nice to backup my vyper -- but that isn't primarily what i'm looking for.

any suggestions?

I picked up a digital watch at Wal*Mart for less than $7 that is either 50m or 100m water resistant for use as my backup timer to my dive comp. Even if it doesn't work (floods, etc.) and you have to find something else, it's a pretty cheap try.
-Rob

I have an Ironman that is rated to 200m. I set it to timer and tied it to a string then lowered it down the front of a damn to about 200' with no problem. I have dived with it to 120' and cycled the displays with gloves on and had no problem. The backlighting is really cool in the dark. I also like the Casio G-Watch series but I am (was) happy with the Timex. I lost it in a motorcycle accident last weekend.

Good luck.

suunto D3 works good for me, but a bit expensive for a stopwatch if you already have a depth gauge and such

kurt

I've been using a Timex, rated to 100m (330 feet) during my last dive vacation. I brought it to 30m (100 feet) with no problem, but never push the button belom 10m (33 feet), because according to peoples on the net, there are some timex watch get flooded when they pushed the button belom 18m (60 feet).

If you search the net again, they will reccomend at least watch which is rated to 200m (660 feet) to be used while diving.

Back
Top Bottom