Need Technical Direction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would've been nice to have a mentor too. The closest thing I had to a mentor was a TDI instructor who left soon after giving me my TDI certs. I introduced him to the wreck diving up here, and showed him around, but it didn't last long. I'm not sure who knew more about the physiology and deco procedures stuff, him or me, but he was cool.

I'm one of a small handfull of divers that reside up here that can do the deeper diving up here, and more and more people are asking me to show them how I do things :rolleyes:. In fact, just today, I gave a short "presentation" on DIR to a couple local rec divers who had never heard of Halcyon, Apeks, DIR, GUE, or the WKPP. That was fun (both are buying a Halcyon BP/wings now). It's pretty crazy up here in the sticks.

:)

Mike

Yep,it's good to live in Fla.My buddies include Mix Instructor,LDS owner,commercial spearfishermen,charter captains and a lot of OWs happy to dive 10x a year Tropical only.The commercial guys are the most active with 100s of dives a year from 50' to 160' on air with some freediving when the vis is choice.I literally learned how to dive with 02 blown over by air before Nitrox was available.The deal I usually worked out involved my driving the boat to and from and no charge if not spearfishing .I had no clue about PO2 or MOD until these fellas happened along.

Lost Yooper

I just have one question ?

In regards to those 5 things you talked to these guys about.!

Are they still friends afterwards.!

Dive Safe Nordic Diver

Actually, they weren't friends of mine to begin with. Now they want to be my best buddies :rolleyes:. Nah, they're good guys who, as result of location, are totally clueless about anything other than what PADI, and the local shop, tells them (and then they only have a partial clue :D).

I don't mind pointing them in the right general direction :). It was yet another example that I have personally seen where someone, who hasn't been exposed to the darkside of DIR, saw the only the merits and found them to be reasonable and well thought out. It appears as though they are going to go in that direction.

Take care.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom