Need Techniflex suit ASAP... Can anyone help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhino_Portland_Oregon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well I've run up against a wall.... I ordered a custom suit 3 weeks ago, and the local dive shop where I bought it, can't tell me where it's at in the production process. I have a dive comming up on the 17th, and I would like to have a dry suit for the dive.

I purchased a Aqua deluex and I'm excited to recieve it. But I would also like a Techniflex in the black with the camo acents (like the photo's that were posted in thread in this forum). I need it in a size XL standard. No mods necessary, i just need the suit in a hurry.

I can paypal the funds, or give a creditcard, but no one has the suit for less than 5-6 weeks out. I truely feel that USIA has the best suit out there, and do not want to get a DUI off the shelf so this is my final plee.

Maybe the rep will see this and help me out.

My email is conklinjeremy@GMAIL.COM.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I know how you feel. I'm at 5 weeks today for my custom techniflex. I hate waiting :wink:

Good luck finding something!

The turnaround time implies really good news for USIA, considering they must be getting higher than expected volumes and competition in the industry is typically good news for the consumer. However, it could be a sticking point for consumers that the 2-3 week turnaround is no longer a reasonable estimate when it is still listed as a key point on the website. If the trend is expected to continue through the year, I wonder if their FAQ should be updated.

Back on topic, I wonder if the OP ever found his suit.... :)

Here's some follow up....

I found an off the rack suit size XL in the Aqua Deluxe line. It fit reasonably well, and the price was a steal so I bought it.

Jerry from USIA contacted me and said that he tries to help out Scubaboard guys when he can, but they are just too slammed to do anything. He was very helpful, and I thank him for his quick response.

I was able to cancel the custom ordered suit since they had not begun production on it yet. And then I reordered a Techniflex suit. Lead time is still 4-6 weeks, but If you look at the product, and look at the lead time from other manufactures, I don't think that USIA is any different than the rest.

Thanks for the help.....

Glad to hear you got it worked out :)

Would be nice to have that kind of cash to throw around...I'm still diving wet, and waiting until this summer to buy my drysuit. Maybe there will be a cheap lightly used Aqua Deluxe for sale by then.
gomi_

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom