Need to cut the cord FIOS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Our triple play went from $69.00 to $198.00 a MONTH! That's just ridiculous! Fios and Spectrum are the only two providers in our area.

I'd need to maintain high speed internet only. No need for a house phone (except my alarm company requires it for central station) and we really dont watch too much TV. I'll go with Vonage for the phone as we did with our other home...

I have Apple TV and we have Amazon Firestick.....dont know much about Roku or other providers, so what do you folks have and what stations are afforded with your setup?

TIA,

We just pay $55/mo for high speed internet with Comcast...and bought a $30 UHF antenna...we get about 400 channels for free! We are about 15miles as the crow flies from downtown Seattle.

We are about to cut out Comcast/Xfinity and go to internet only with FiOS, Prime, Netflix, and maybe Hulu. Our alarm company recently started offering cellular connectivity, added 10$ a month, but can drop land line $26 a month, net gain 16

I pay $75/month for Infinity/Comcast high speed internet (unlimited data package due to work). Spent $35 for a digital antenna 4-5 years ago. I’m good to go. But all I watch is the local news and PBS on liveTV. $5/month PBS donation gets me access to their Passport streaming surface.

Depending on what you want, you might pay little. If you want all the latest shows, it runs into $$. I’m more of a PBS history documentary type.

Just ordered this antenna. Will be here tomorrow so I can see how many local channels we receive.

Antennas Direct ClearStream 2V TV Antenna, 60+ Mile Range, UHF/VHF,

This was the highest rated antenna at this time. $38.00 on Amazon.

Also, most all of the TV's in the house are on the ROKU platform, it's easy to add things like prime Netflix etc. Plus there are some decent channels on the platform yoga fitness etc. 1 tv on a Comcast box will get ROKU stick when we pull the plug.

I'm calling comcast this morning to drop my TV package. All I need is the internet. I don't watch broadcast TV at all. Everything I need I can get streaming on my smart TV. NetFlix, Amazon Prime, and Disney. News I get online from AP, Reuters, BBC, and Al-Jazeera because I prefer to read rather than watch people talking.
Until last year I didn't have a smart tv so I had to have cable to watch things like Netflix.

Until last year I didn't have a smart tv so I had to have cable to watch things like Netflix.

Jim, you NEVER needed cable for Netflix. Just an Internet connection and a cheapo box like Roku or Amazon Fire. Your smart TV supplanted that.

I dropped my home phone and TV years ago, I just watch prime Netflix and sometimes hulu.

Fire stick, roku or even a xbox or Playstation all work for streaming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom