Need to go quickly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tubbyka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need some advice on cost saving thoughts for getting to Cozumel next week, May 27th-30th. Any advice on where to find airfare and cheap place to stay for 3 days?

Thanks for the help!

Where are you flying out of?

I need some advice on cost saving thoughts for getting to Cozumel next week, May 27th-30th. Any advice on where to find airfare and cheap place to stay for 3 days?

Thanks for the help!
Less then a weeks notice on a holiday weekend and cheap just do not go together. At least with airfare. There would be some options once you get there for cheap, but the last minute air will kill you.

Can you stay for 7 days? Orbitz.com has a $200 off promotion on a flight/hotel package if you can stay 7 days.

Where are you flying out of?
Didn't you see? He's in Texas. :banghead: Yeah, we have a lot of airports, but you can get to any of them from anywhere in the state in a day or two.
If you want to fly out of DFW, forget flying into CZM as fares start at $1222 while you can fly to Cancun for $652 on Mexican, $662 on American, for the bus & ferry connection.

Out of Houston: $707 to Cancun, $1072 to Cozumel

San Antonio: $657 to Cancun, Cozumel $1334​
I searched on Sidestep.com. I don't know about the charter airlines.

Yes, I saw that he's in Texas but two days travel just to get to the airport? :confused: Besides, I knew you'd be along shortly and just wanted to get you pointed in the right direction. :wink:

As DiverG said, short notice and cheap don't often go together with airlines.

Bereavement fare. Gin up a death certificate for Grandma Lopez, the former Queen Mother of the San Miguel chapter of The Red Hat Society. That will give you as good a chance of anything else to get there cheap. :wink:

Yes, I saw that he's in Texas but two days travel just to get to the airport? :confused: Besides, I knew you'd be along shortly and just wanted to get you pointed in the right direction. :wink:

As DiverG said, short notice and cheap don't often go together with airlines.
My sarcasm wasn't obvious? Sorry. :sad: I doubt that he's still interested, and - I don't support the idea of lying about a death in the family.

My sarcasm wasn't obvious? Sorry. :sad: I doubt that he's still interested, and - I don't support the idea of lying about a death in the family.

No, it was, hence my nice reply. :D

Geez Don, you must be sarcastically challenged. I wholeheartedly endorse lying about a death in the family, otherwise I wouldn't have posted my recommendation.

just to be clear, that was sarcasm.

Geez Don, you must be sarcastically challenged. I wholeheartedly endorse lying about a death in the family, otherwise I wouldn't have posted my recommendation.

just to be clear, that was sarcasm.
Oh yeah, I am. Thanks for the just to be clear or I actually wouldn't have known. Does Priceline still take bids on plane tickets?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom