Need to spend more time in the water!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dominick Gheesling

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey!

I am one of those old guys (47) who somehow found himself in love with diving again. Qualified through Divemaster (PADI) ages ago and then took a few decades off. Recent developments led me back into the water. Completed Cavern (TDI) certification in January and completed 19 Cavern dives beyond training dives in Madison Blue, Jackson Blue, Little River, Jug Hole, Cypress, and Peacock1.

Located in Tallahassee and completely willing to travel south, east, or west to dive.

Looking for divers to dive with.

Essentially looking for 2 different team/buddy experiences:

1. Crazy as it might sound, I am looking for someone to practice skills with in open water. Seems like the basin at Ginnie Springs or Jackson Blue are the best places to do this and no solo diving is allowed. I am interested in conducting valve drills, line drills, buddy breathing drills, share air drills, touch contact communication/egress, buoyancy control, ditch and don, etc. I just got a set of double 104s and would really like to practice with them. I made one dive with my instructor in the 104s and learned valve drill and did a tour of Blue Grotto. Seems that with doubles a good 1- 1.5 hours could be spent working on skills in the basin followed by a good dive into Ginnie or Jackson Blue.

2. Still interested in just looking around, inside a cavern, underwater. I have a single tank setup and would love to do some Cavern dives to put together more bottom time in preparation for Intro to Cave course this fall. As comfort level with double 104s increases I can also dive with the doubles setup.

I am the consummate “newbie” and ready to learn / fit myself into a dive plan within my limits.

I teach Photography at Valdosta State University, when the Fall semester begins (August 14th) I can typically be available on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons and the weekends.

September 8th is a Friday but I should be diving at Ginnie with some friends. If you are interested you are welcome to join us. Going to be a total skills dive as one of our buddies hasn't been diving in a while and wants to knock the rust off.

September 8th is a Friday but I should be diving at Ginnie with some friends. If you are interested you are welcome to join us. Going to be a total skills dive as one of our buddies hasn't been diving in a while and wants to knock the rust off.

Thanks! Sending message to you

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom