need Zeagle ZX purge cover - will the Envoy covers fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I found covers for the Envoy and Envoy II which seem to be the same size/shape as the the ZX but I'm uncertain if they would fit. I cannot find any ZX covers anywhere.

Anyone else had experience or know where I can pick 1 or 2 covers up?

Attachments

• IMG_20210703_141513104.jpg
    IMG_20210703_141513104.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 78
If you don't get any love on the Envoy/ZX question, find an Apeks dealer and see if one of their covers work. I know that an Apeks rebuild kit works on the older Zeagle regs.

I found covers for the Envoy and Envoy II which seem to be the same size/shape as the the ZX but I'm uncertain if they would fit. I cannot find any ZX covers anywhere.

Anyone else had experience or know where I can pick 1 or 2 covers up?
I’d be shocked if it wouldn’t work. I don’t have an Envoy II at home, but I do have a few others. I have a FH7 with Z, DS-V with ZX, and an Onyx II with whatever that is (looks like a Z). I just swapped the covers from the Onyx II 2nd and the ZX, and they fit perfectly.

To be clear, I just unscrewed the entire cover and attached it to the other. I didn’t pop out the inserts. The Envoy II looks more like the ZX, so I think they are the same covers.

ZX and Envoy trim rings and purge covers are interchangable. the newest second stage F8s are the same thread diameter and pitch, but have fewer threads and may not work on a older ZX/Envoy second

Replacement covers are still available for the ZX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom