Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seems like more and more paperwork is getting filed...... (I'm just sayin....)

It appears that his employee's aren't the only ones that aren't getting paid....

anyone want some :popcorn:

Attachments

• Nekton-tax-lien.pdf
    33.3 KB · Views: 183
Ouch! That's a lot of money to owe the IRS.....just makes a bad situation feel that much worse...I feel so badly for those who have cruises booked and paid for. :(

seems like more and more paperwork is getting filed...... (I'm just sayin....)

It appears that his employee's aren't the only ones that aren't getting paid....

Wow, just wow........the IRS isn't someone to be playing around with.........

By the way - IRS Liens take precedence over other creditors!!
So at this point, if I am supplying Nekton anything - it is CASH ONLY!!!

Well, I guess the next moves are:

Seizure!!

Auction!!!!

I'm not completely certain, but I believe that, unlike all other creditors, the IRS can go after the personal assets of the owners of a LCC. Stand by John for a visit from Uncle.

weird. Why NM? I am living in NM and I don't know of any special loop-holes that would make it seem like a good reason to move the company. Is he a dual-resident? Odd, very odd.

It appears that Nekton is incorporated in NM and is registered in Florida as a foreign corporation. In this context "foreign" means not incorporated in this state (Florida).
This is a very common practice as some states are considered better corporate environments from a legal and legislative point of view. Delaware and Nevada are two of the more popular states for incorporation.

We're all looking forward to diving the Wrekton in Perch Lake or seeing it at the Blue Hole, Robin.

Seriously...Anyone know the status of the May 29th trip yet? Has anyone with a relatively recent trip purchase tried to get their credit card deposit money back with any success?

Thanks.

I think it would cost too much to transport the Nekton boats all the way to NM...

but they would make great wreck dives off the Fla Keys. Someone needs to make him an offer!!

robin:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom