Nekton boats may come back!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was the chief engineer on the Pilot, would LOVE to see the ship(s) come back. Would be willing to physically help restore it or them

We had some excellent trips on the Pilot - thank you for all the great memories!

Towards the end of my tour on the Pilot, John would buy all the spare parts I needed to keep the boat running. But he seemed to be concerned a lot about fuel and food costs and extensive renovations on the boat. We all knew the plates were rusting thin, in fact some where replaced when we did the engine rebuild in shipyard. That job was night mare, the only good part were the fresh oysters the shipyard crew would share with the boat crew. Still would love to see them working again.

Gulf County Shipbuilding

Merry Christmas!

Webcams are active on both the Pilot and the Rorqual.

Dayum! They look ready to go from here. Are they still floating?

upload_2019-12-24_20-7-53-png.557356.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-24_20-7-53.png
    upload_2019-12-24_20-7-53.png
    258 KB · Views: 79
Was on the last voyage of the Pilot with my group. I was the trip leader. Our trip was a disaster. Had to be pulled in by 2 tug boats. Owner promised us our next trip would be free. We were never compensated. 😪

Back
Top Bottom