Nekton Diving Cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BMETdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
Has any one done a liveaboard cruise with Nekton? I have been to there website and it looks nice. I would like to do a cruise with them but at the same time my wife is a non-diver and not interested in diving. She lets me go but is happy above water, except the aquarium. So what I need to find out is if there are ample activities for her to do. What they are and also about the quality of the service. I would be looking at going in Dec and I see they are operating out of Belize. So if you know what the diving is like there that would be great also.

Nekton is Great, however the schedule is Dive, snack, dive, lunch, dive, snack, dive, dinner, night dive, go to bed, repeat next day.

Great for a diver, but a non-diver might get bored. They do carry a supply of books & movies, but that's about it.

I did the Belize cruise a couple of months ago...nothing but good things to say about the boat, crew and the diving...I'm going to try and hit one of their other cruises next spring.

Harelydiver hit the schedule right on the head..lots of diving. Aside from a short trip to the key to look at hermit crabs and red-footed booby, there is not much for the non-diver.

Unless all she wants to do is sun herself or read all day, I'm betting she'd get bored.

The AquaCat I think caters "slightly" more to the non-diver with some beach excursions and kayaking.

I just had 3 co-workers go on the Nekton a few weeks ago. They all loved it. For one of them I think it was his 5th or 6th Nekton cruise. One of them said though that there was a "condensation/moisture problem" in the interior of the boat and everything seemed "wet".

Everyone has great things to say about them. The only other thing I heard bad about them was that they charged $250/week for Nitrox fills, which seems VERY EXPENSIVE to me, especially compared to other liveaboards.

HarleyDiver:
Nekton is Great, however the schedule is Dive, snack, dive, lunch, dive, snack, dive, dinner, night dive, go to bed, repeat next day.

Great for a diver, but a non-diver might get bored. They do carry a supply of books & movies, but that's about it.

PERFECT...can't wait!

Cuan Law in BVI might be another to look at. A little less dive intensive with more stuff for non-divers. Not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom