Nekton Momentos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

007scuba

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
. . .for those with memories of Nekton Cruises (either really good or not so) . . . .

As you may or may not know, as the company slid further into the hole, all the momento stuff you could purchase on the boat was self-funded by individual crew members as yet another way of providing for the whole guest experience (and hopefully some additional income) in the face of overwhelming odds.

As a former crew member, I'm yet another casualty of the demise of Nekton. The memories can't be replaced, but I'm left with a significant stock of very nice Polo Shirts, Baseball caps, and Totes. At least these are not in bankruptcy court, rather they are taking up space in my basement (and causing a slight grumble everytime I pass by).

Just in time for the holidays, I've set up a website which shows the articles for sale and how to order them. This is strictly a low-budget, home-made affair (a free website cobbled together in several hours) as I am trying to recoup costs rather than starting a new booming business. As such, there'll be no PayPal or credit card sales (costs real $$), rather the ole' fashioned send a check or money order and you'll get it by USPS.

When the last of the stock is gone, I'll close the chapter on Nekton. There's several cases of varied stock on-hand: Polo shirts come in Mens and Womens, S, M, L, and XL, and in Seafoam, Ivory, and Turquoise; Baseball caps come in Stone, Navy Blue, and Royal Blue; Totes come in Gold and Blue.

Here's the link to the website: nektonstuff.yolasite.com (use the http thing but w/o the www part)

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

If you're "really" trying to recoup the costs of "several cases" of shirts and ball caps from a ship that no longer runs, do you really want to price the shirts at $35? Good Luck! When our dive club was trying to "get rid of" extra dive shirts to make a new design, we sold them at 5 bucks apiece and it still took us several months to sell them!

I agree with Matt. Bring the price down a lot and will consider it.

Don't forget the $10.20 s&h charges.

Sorry if I seem suspicious, but you are a new member here, this is your first post, and you want us to send you checks or Money Orders? No thanks.

Among the many "former Nekton employee" posts, the only ones that I would give any credence to would be the ones that they signed their names to.

Sign what you write. :doh: What a concept.

Upon reviewing the heartfelt, insightful responses to my post offering up something of possible value, along with the empty PO Box and insignificant web-site traffic, it is apparent that a tax loss is the best that I can realistically expect to end my personal Nekton saga.

Thanks for helping me answer the question.

It will be much simpler making a single trip to the Salvation Army rather than spending my non-working hours stuffing USPS boxes (which do cost $10.90), attempting to run a mini-business purposefully designed to be terminal. Maybe the panhandlers on Main Street can pretend to be former employees looking for a little help over the hoidays.

It is kind of poetic justice I suppose, that this final act will make my eight month run w/ Nekton a net loss. Oh well, guess you can't buy those kind of back room stories for any money.

You know what they say . . . .

. . . . to make a little money in the diving business . . . .

. . . . .start with a lot . . . . . .

P.S. If by any remote chance you did send some $$, if it gets here before the SA run, you'll get your stuff. If not, you'll get your check back. I may be out my own $$, but I'm not that cheezy.

Back
Top Bottom