Nekton Pilot Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would agree, send the skiff off with divers that want to do the BH as an added option. We did have the option of not going to the BH on the PH boat but the majority wanted to do the dive and it was scheduled so off we went. Not a bad dive just missed two great dives to get one short so so dive.

Ross, I do tend to agree with you--a faster skiff and providing the option would be in Nekton's best interest. The Blue Hole gets such publicity that there are those who really look forward to this dive. If you have the ability to provide the service, why not? I guess my biggest concern is that if the Pilot "pushes" the dive too much divers come back complaining that "it wasn't worth it" and it reflects badly on the company. On the other hand, if you inform the divers that some are not crazy about the dive and they still elect the option, hopefully everybody is happy.

yeah, maybe if it was offered as an "optional dive" one am using the skiff to take those divers and letting the rest stay onboard and dive as usual.

I have to say that one big attraction that Nekton had for us when we were looking at Belize liveaboards was the fact they did NOT do the Blue Hole, as well as that they did a full day of diving on Friday. We felt that we got a lot of bang for our buck going with Nekton and have never regretted it. The only thing we're disappointed about is that they are leaving Belize before we'll have the opportunity to go back. :(

I agree with Robin that the Cay Sal itinerary is an excellent one. We would do it again in a heartbeat and considered combining it with Medio for a back-to-back next year, except that we hear that Medio goes to some of the same sites as Cay Sal. Can't wait to hear about Robin's experiences at Medio later this month. :)

Blue Holes of Cay Sal were Awesome, Belizes Blue Hole was dead but the sites around it were cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom