Nemo Air/ PC interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaskes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

Does anybody now if the Drak interface works with Nemo Air. Or will i have to wait for something else. Tryed to look at Mares website. It dos'nt say anything about software download for the Nemo Air.

Just to be certain before investing :crafty:

Kind rgds

kaskes

Iwas told by Mares nothing is out yet and would have to wait :shakehead:

We are working dilligently to complete and release the download software for the Nemo Air. We anticipated having it complete by now, however we experienced a few delays. There will be software available as soon as possible. Will keep you posted.

P.S. The Drak will be the interface used to download information from the Nemo Air.

Best regards,

Last edited:
Drak is the interface. You are welcome, and have a great holiday weekend.

Kaskes,

I opened a Support Ticket with Mares Software Support asking about the DRAK interface and downloading the Air; here is their response (I have taken out all the extra spaces):

Hi, at the moment DRAK does not support Nemo Air. Please check in next months for DRAK upgrades. Best Regards, Mares Software Support Ticket Details Ticket ID: GGQ-516969

As of today, I also have 14 dives logged on the Air, and would really like to download the profiles. At the same time, I can still get the depth, bottom time, temperature, and SAC rate from reading the Logbook and this is what I record in my paper logbook. I hope that the DRAK interface functionallity arrives before the dives start rolling off the back of the Logbook.

Zak tells me that I should not give up on the Air and that it will be the great computer that Mares claims it will be. I am currently deciding if the promise of the future is worth the current hassle. I really like the feel of the Air in my hand, the display, the SAC rate calculator, and the quick release. I do not like the size of the hose reinforcers (you would think that Mares would know what size their hoses are and that the sleeves are too big and just slide off), that I cannot register the computer (the Mares registration database does not acknowledge the Air), and the wait for the DRAK interface to work.

The more I dive with the Air, the better I like it. Our family has had five Oceanic ProPlus2s and currently dive with the Air and two Suunto Cobras. I like the Air the best and am going to wait for the DRAk interface support. When I sat down to relay to you what Mares Support told me I was undecided about keeping the Air, as I thought throught this message it became apparent that I enjoyed diving with it now enough to wait for the rest of the features.

Happy diving in Denmark, how was the Red Sea?

Perry

Hi Perry

Thanks a lot foryour answer. That was just wat i was looking for.

I share the same thougts about the NA and also find it a fantastic tool. Looking fwd for the interface and sim prog.

The diving in Egypt (Sharm el Sheik) was great. Seing a whale shark did it even a better experience. Also a great experience having my own new equipment, all working perfectly...

Have never dived in DK yet, but im going to soon (before winter, hrmmmf)

Thanks again

Ken

Any update on the software? My LDS tells me that it should work using the cd that it came with (not the one that came with the DRAK or the links on the website) but I can't get it to work using any of the options. I only have 9 dives on there but can't wait to see the dive profiles - I've seen someone who has a puck and it's pretty cool software....just need it for the Nemo Air :)

BTW - I love the computer! Easy to use with nice big letters/numbers for old eyes like mine. My only complaint is getting it to hang comfortably off of the BC. If I use the hanger at the top of the compass, it feels right and doesn't get in the way but the pulley I'm using makes it hard to hold it in a position to actually use the compass. The hanger at the bottom of the computer makes it hang down too low so I bump it on things unless I hold it up - which most of the time is ok since I have my arms crossed anyway...it's the times I'm holding a light or a reel that it gets in the way. Maybe just something I need to get used to. Overall though I really love the Nemo Air.

Hello,

Here is the text from my service ticket at Mares Software Support:

Nemo Air support is under development.
I think it will be available in end October.
Best Regards.
--------------------------
Mares Software Support
Ticket Details
Ticket ID: ZXJ-182842
Department: DRAK

Neither the CD that came with the Nemo Air or any version of the DRAK support on the Mares site will work with the Air. Just keep waiting for the guys in Italy to write the software and upload it to their site. While you are at it, keep waiting for the ability to register the Air on the Mares site.

I am closing in on 30 dives on the Air and am getting close to losing my early dives off the back of the logbook. I will be losing my deepest dives and am not excited about that. I dive with 119 cf HPS tanks with a SAC rate generally in the range of 0.5 so I may have to try changing the sampling rate to try and get more dives to fit in the internal memory.

I recently switched from the retractor attached to the end of the compass to the attachement at the base of the computer and like that position better. I agree that it hangs down and gets inthe way of other stuff but try clipping the Air higher, this also makes it easier to work the compass. Make sure that you can hold the compass very close to level, it does not have a very large range of variation off a level plane.

This weekend I was offered a great deal to trade the Air for a Gallileo Sol and turned it down. I have two dive buddies with Sols and they love them but I have been getting happier with the Air the more I dive it. I think it will be even better when the Mares support is in place.

Perry

Hello again,

Here is the latest Nemo Air/DRAK information from my recent Mares Software Support Ticket:

We are developing new DRAK release with Nemo Air support.
It will be available in this year, but I have no more details on it.
Best regards,
Mares Software Support
Ticket Details
Ticket ID: QFT-697818
Department: DRAK
Priority: Urgent

At this rate, I wouldn't count on downloading your Air dives until 2009.

Perry

Back
Top Bottom