Nemo Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Nemo arrived today, was serviced today and is currently being pressure tested. It will ship out tomorrow, overnight service and should arrive on Monday at Scuba.com.

Regards,

Phil

If i may hop in on this thread i have a Nemo Titanium i just purchased a few weeks ago with the battery going down from 80% to 25% since i turned it on.
I called the dealer (Netherlands) and he offers to replace the battery for me + if it runs down the battery again he will replace the Nemo. The thing is he will replace the battery in his shop and says yes he will do a pressure test.
I am leaving for my diving holliday next week so i need a quick fix for the problem like he is offering.

Is it possible that a battery starts running down so fast once the user turns it on ? maybe because it has been in stock for a long time (years) ?

I appreciate the support provided at the board here, thanks.

Jerry

Just from what little I know about them, here is what I can tell you.

If you still have the computer you can look in the logbook and see when it says the first dive was done. They do a test on it at the factory and that should have an accurate date so you can tell how old it is.

OR

I think you could give one of the guys Phil Mintz or Zak Ohara the serial number and they should be able to tell you when it was made...

I am sure that one of them will chime in with some advice on what your best solution is.

Phil

skdvr:
I am sure that one of them will chime in with some advice on what your best solution is.Phil

I hope so, my major concern is the LDS replacing batteries themselves and i have my doubts about the "pressure test" they say they will perform. I can push them to just replace the nemo for another one but then this would come from the same batch and may have the same weak battery...?

If the dealer was trained, then they are qualified to replace the battery. If the battery went down on this new Nemo Ti, it most likely was sitting on the shelf for some time, but from here there is no way to tell.

Phil

Phil Mintz:
If the dealer was trained, then they are qualified to replace the battery. If the battery went down on this new Nemo Ti, it most likely was sitting on the shelf for some time, but from here there is no way to tell.
Phil

Great, then i'll go for the battery replacement instead of swapping the nemo for another one (with most likely the same battery issue)

I will make sure they do a pressure test and not just for 5 minutes, i guess i can verify this from the logbook, thanks for your advice ! :lightbulb

FYI: as suggested by skdiver i checked the log, there indeed is a (26m) pressure test in there, Nov 2003 so that explains it...

So, I just bought myself a "brand new" 3.5 year old watch :rofl3: fortunately it was a lot cheaper then they were back then :D

I got mine in December and mine had a dive in it from 2003 as well...

Phil

Well, as you state it is cheaper. It is covered under a New Warranty and has not been used prior: So with a battery change you do have a new Nemo.

We also have the new Nemo Excel, coming out in a few weeks. This is a new version of the Nemo. The press release will go out today and I will post a link later.

Phil

Phil Mintz:
We also have the new Nemo Excel, coming out in a few weeks. This is a new version of the Nemo. The press release will go out today and I will post a link later.
Phil

Aha, i expected something new coming up, the dealer mentioned getting this batch of Titanium and black Nemos discounted for being the last ones imported in NL as the regular metal verion is no longer available.

Still a bit worried anout the battery replacement though, i think this dive shop is not an "authorised" service center here and it seems i need to really push them to agree to perform a proper pressure test, i'll talk to their technician tomorrow. Maybe i should opt for a swap with another nemo instead...

Back
Top Bottom