Nerd or Standalone computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The X BOV is particularly large/heavy just by itself, even if "neutral" in water. Adding a NERD, despite its advantages, only increases this. That factor was the clincher in choosing my JJ, because I really wanted an X.
That said, my JJ buddy LOVES his Nerd! And using a BOV, it stays in view under all but the worst conditions.
Since I'm DSV, I have stayed with my wrist Perdix, because the loop/Nerd floats up out of view in the event of bailout, yet still requires buttonology to switch to B/O mode.

try the Poseidon BOV, it weighs basically nothing.

Just keep in mind that the Poseidon BOV is less of an owner-service item than other BOV's. Coax the service manual out of a Poseidon Center, and buy extra plastic locking rings. You're gonna break the first one. The BOV is a lot more delicate than the milled Delrin monsters. Once it's back together, you're fine. But in pieces, well...
Oh, and there are three different versions out there, by age.

any bov can be put on any rebreather if you have the right adapters. The X-CCR uses standard loop hoses so you would just buy the adapters from Martin at TecMe and you're good to go.
Tec Equipment für Nitrox, Rebreather Höhlen Tauchen

Really? I thought there were some BOVs out there that are only available for loops with the breathing gas flowing in one direction - so you can't use it if your loop flows the opposite direction?

Not that I can imagine anyone wanting to put a rEvo BOV on a non-rEvo CCR (though it seems like a good BOV, to me), but it is definitely only available for loops that flow right to left (aka CCW). There are adapters to let you use it on a loop that flows left to right?

TecMe will reverse the flow direction of the Poseidon BOV if desired.
€1,195
Poseidon will not.

Oh interesting. I think I'll use my money for a standalone computer and some diving. It's something to look at in the future though (this damn money pit :))

Really? I thought there were some BOVs out there that are only available for loops with the breathing gas flowing in one direction - so you can't use it if your loop flows the opposite direction?

Not that I can imagine anyone wanting to put a rEvo BOV on a non-rEvo CCR (though it seems like a good BOV, to me), but it is definitely only available for loops that flow right to left (aka CCW). There are adapters to let you use it on a loop that flows left to right?

you can reverse the mushroom valves on most BOV's, including the Poseidon

TecMe will reverse the flow direction of the Poseidon BOV if desired.
€1,195
Poseidon will not.

user can reverse

user can reverse
There are bumps in the housing that prevent that unless you modify the housing. The in and out mushrooms are identical in Poseidon, but have to be turned around and will hit the bumps if they are inserted backwards. Am I missing something?

There are bumps in the housing that prevent that unless you modify the housing. The in and out mushrooms are identical in Poseidon, but have to be turned around and will hit the bumps if they are inserted backwards. Am I missing something?

I got a second set and filed the bumps off so I could use with my Meg without reversing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom