Neurological issues and dive clearance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi
So I have chair malformation, and a seizure like disorder that causes me to loose use of my hands and slowly go to sleep usually takes about 5 mins if I don’t fight it if I fight it I can hold off sleep for a hour. Haven’t had a episode for over 6months am on good meds non sedative. I have been diving for years and just started working towards dry suit did my first open water dive and had an equipment failure that triggered a panic attack, so I aborted second dive just in case as my episodes in past were triggered by extreme stress.

I have reached out to DAN for advice as my LDS has stated no dives till they talk to my neurologist and get a new medical release even tho I just got one prior to this.
Has anyone else got experience with this sort of issue ?

We did have a member, who had surgery for her chairi malformation. She continued to dive upon healing from the surgery.

Unfortunately, she eventually received a severe bend and never fully recovered.

Whether or not experiencing the bends (more than once) was related to the chairi malformation or the subsequent surgery to remedy same, is unknown to me.

There may be other board members more familiar with her case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom