Never been to Europe, considering Italy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many people in Italy would agree with this, I mean that obviously in the Mediterranean is very difficult to see sharks or mantas, impossible to see many tropical species, etc.
On the other hand, for those who come West Palm Beach the Mediterranean itself could look exotic... I mean there are colors and species that you would not find in West Palm Beach. There is a saying here "tropical seas are dressed for carnival, the Mediterranean is dressed for an elegant dinner". That gives you the idea... Many other marine environments could be interesting for those who come from the US: Norway and the killer whales, Ireland and the seals and kelp, etc.
Trying to argue with that kind of people is a waste of time in my opinion...

I'm hafl-Greek, I think Italy is the "richest" country in the world. From continuous history without occupation, from the ancient Greeks to Romans to medieval time to renaissance. You can't help but trip over history. Add to that gorgeous beaches, villages, mountains, cities. Then the food, with so much variety from all over the country.

And there is an ancient Roman wreck that can be dived once per week.
I’m afraid of going to Italy. Between the food, art, wine, diving, and history, I’m scared I’d never be able to leave.
So instead I live in Sonoma County where thousands of Italian immigrants throughout history set up wineries, olive groves, fantastic restaurants, etc.
also North Beach in San Francisco.
I guess this is the second best thing.

I’m afraid of going to Italy. Between the food, art, wine, diving, and history, I’m scared I’d never be able to leave.
Don’t forget the beautiful women!

I am a tech diver from Italy, any specific question, let me know in case.
Without knowing your route and you level, I would suggest Sardinia (Explorers team for tech and Baseone for cave) Tuscany (Argentario Divers) and Liguria (Portofino divers). In terms of locations, Elba, Giglio and Tremiti islands are very nice, same for the Pantelleria area in Sicily.

Italy is only 5h away from the Red Sea which is world class diving. I would consider combining

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom