Never buy a Nemo Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, Peter69_56 - Looking forward to have you diving with us in Lembeh :)

For your effort, just put you on our list of resorts to go to. A good deed deserves acknowledgement and something good in return. Well done!

And well done Nemo. We bought 2 wetsuits from them when we were over there and they are fine.

I agree it is a strange idea to have a tailormade wetsuite made elsewhere, but in Nemo's defense: when you go to Bali anyway and you can visit the shop during your trip, it is definitely worth it. I have mine now for 2,5 years and I am still very happy with it.

Update...
I posted a link to this on the Facebook page of the folks that recommended Nemo, Critters@Lembeh. I was contacted by Lauren (who is now running the dive center) and she did something really amazing, even though I have never met her. She contacted Nemo on my behalf, and without going into the details, a few days ago I received a new wetsuit.<br>

I can not thank her enough for helping me. She had no connection this situation, nor do I think for a second that this was any responsibility of Critters, but she went out of her way and I am so grateful to her. Obviously it would have been more professional for Nemo to have remained in direct contact with me and for them to have chosen to replace it without Lauren's intervention, but I'm not complaining. I would also like to thank Nemo for eventually correcting this.

Good on Lauren for helping you out. But that's what you'd expect from a Canadian, eh. Nemo looks like they're still in business and they have moved to Sanur (just got a reply to a query I sent them). I'm happy with my Nemo wetsuit that I had custom made in 2011 although the neoprene in one spot started to rip and the seam in one armpit started to come apart. Fixed that with AquaSeal (wetsuit cement).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom