Sold! "NEW" 14K GOLD-PLATED POSEIDON CYKLON 300 --1993 -- IN TEAKWOOD BOX: US 750.00 . . .

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigbella

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Offered here is a great collector's item, from three decades ago -- the Poseidon Cyklon 300 14K gold-plated swan-song from 1993 -- being sold on behalf of a friend of mine, who's even a greater Luddite than I and who also abhors the computer age, even though he had earned his substantial crust through investment in IBM.

The 2940 (the last model of the 300) regulator is presented in a 25 x 18 x 9 cm polished teakwood box, emblazoned with the Poseidon logo; a "Cyklon 1958-1993" obituary; along with the Swedish royal seal, "By appointment to His Majesty The King of Sweden."

It was numbered 195/500, produced primarily for Poseidon dealerships; and I recall seeing them long ago, always behind glass. The old Bamboo Reef shop in SF, South of Market, had one for years; so too the late Scubaventures of Santa Cruz, if I recall.

Also included is a familiar Poseidon "fishy" image tie-tack and a scroll of sorts, documenting the history of the Cyklon, from the Junior in 1958 through the Sport, to the Super; and the end of the Cyklon 300 run -- "signed" by its inventor, Ingvar Elström.

The item was never used; never once got wet; and is in fabulous shape, still at a svelte 1.7 kilos, in the box.

We once hooked it up to a tank, years back -- and the 2940's IP was then rock-solid; though, if it were ever put to actual use, it must be fully-serviced by a Poseidon tech. Consider it only a shiny collector's item until such time.

Aside from the not-so-lamented Triton 2000, I really feel that the demise of the Cyklon 300 was the only other clumsy-arse move Poseidon ever made since 1958 (well, there‘s the truly psychotic comic book color scheme of some of their suits; but they’re European. What are you going to do?) -- and the 300 still remain a close second in terms of the model of regulators that I annually rebuild. They are still very much in demand thirty years later; often fetch healthy prices on the secondhand market; and I still regularly put the 300 to use myself.

It is a credit to Poseidon that they still offer rebuild kits for a model discontinued when Clinton was first in office.

Dirt simple construction — bulletproof.

The item can be had through Paypal; insured USPS shipping will be about US 20.00 domestically; and If there's any interest, just PM me, right by that photo of Bella confronting her evil chipmunk nemesis . . .

Attachments

• IMG_3449.jpeg
    IMG_3449.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3447.jpeg
    IMG_3447.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3446.jpeg
    IMG_3446.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3445.jpeg
    IMG_3445.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 100
Since only a few files were allowed as an attachment, here are a few more images . . .

Attachments

• IMG_3448.jpeg
    IMG_3448.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 102
Only $750? At that price you might as well dive it :)
Heh, heh -- the rebuild kits are all still available, thirty years out.

I actually saw someone dive one of these, years ago, in the Philippines; never forgot it . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom