New 2011 Sony Camcorders (CX560v)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cando

Reaction score
Hello

I am just now getting into video as I used to only shoot stills before etc..

I was looking at the Sony CX550v before I noticed that the newer CX560v will be released in March.

The difference as far as I can tell between the two are that the 560v has 1080/60p and 1080/24p capability while the 550v does not, (that and the 560v seems thinner but has a smaller 3" LCD as opposed to the 3.5" on the older model).

I guess my question is.......is it worth waiting for the newer model since they are the same price? Is it that big a deal to be able to shoot in 1080/60p and 1080/24p as opposed to 1080/60i if the majority of my video will be displayed on-line, with the occaisional burning of a DVD or Blu-Ray disc?

If the wait is worth it, what housing would work with this new model? Would it still fit into the Amphibico or Stingray G2 housings that are currently on the market for the CX550v?

Below are the 2 links to the 2 different cameras on Sony's website. If I have missed any other major advantages to the newer model please let me know.

HDR-CX560V | Full HD 64GB Flash Memory Camcorder | Sony | Sony Style USA

HDR-CX550V | Full HD 64GB Flash Memory Camcorder | Sony | Sony Style USA

Thank you in advance for your input.

Back
Top Bottom