New a6xxx housing from Meikon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3B51A8CB-623C-41FB-B7E8-85C05FCA34C1.jpeg
Just for reference, the Fantasea 90mm gear is 100 x 53 mm (diameter x height)

That won't work - it's built to use a focus knob that is part of a port extension ring, while Meikon have placed their zoom knob and gear all the way back in the housing itself. SEL1018 has an outer diameter of 70mm, while SEL90M28G is 79mm at the focus ring, but it narrows down in the area where a Meikon lens gear would sit to engage the housing gear - I just don't know by how much. If that part of the lens barrel is about 67-68mm or less, then it should be possible to 3D print a plastic cylinder that would follow the lenses contours, friction-fitting over the focus ring and allowing for the native 10-18mm gear to be mounted over it in the proper location. This is basically what I'm getting at:

vdPwTIl.png

If the lens is more than 67-68mm thick at that location, then there is not enough clearance to adapt the existing gear and the lens needs a dedicated gear, complete with teeth, to allow for manual focus with the Meikon housing.

Oh well, thanks for your thoughts, I’ll use autofocus with the 0.5m to 28cm limit setting

Last edited:
The Seafrogs Vacuum System is in the shop now.
But I will wait for the leak sentinel. My plug is on the way to Slovenia...

Oh, indeed! Thanks for the heads-up - looks quite slick too, and at $150, Meikon undercuts the competition, as they usually do. The eight inch dome has also shown up on seafrogs.com.hk today, although it's not yet available for order, nor is there a product photo, but at least we know the price now - a very reasonable $288.

Miso already sent me his draft for the adapter. He only has to check the measures when he gets my plug.

Back
Top Bottom