New a6xxx housing from Meikon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, not that it does much on the 19mm lens

Yes, oops. I was thinking 16-50. Do you like the Sigma 19mm f2.8? I have only played around with mine surface shooting, but I like it. I always have liked prime lenses. Hmmm, I wonder if you could run the focus ring with it?

James

Yes, oops. I was thinking 16-50. Do you like the Sigma 19mm f2.8? I have only played around with mine surface shooting, but I like it. I always have liked prime lenses. Hmmm, I wonder if you could run the focus ring with it?

James
It's been great so far. The 30mm macro seems to focus a bit quicker, but that may be due to it being a native lens. I definitely prefer it over the 16-50. I'll give focusing a try, but I doubt it will work without a little work. The zoom gear is a loose fit around the OD of the lens. A well placed rubber band could probably solve that though.

anyone have any issues with the 90mm macro port for the seafronts housing?

I saw a few mentions of it, but no real results. How does the tokina 10-17 function on a metabones or sigma adapter in the 6in dome?

I know there is no native zoom gear. I am planning on modeling and 3d printing a zoom gear for it if there's reports it performs well in that port, especially considering the cost difference between it and the 10-18.

Has anyone had experience using the Samyang/Rokinon 8mm Fisheye lens with the 4" dome port and the 6" dome port? I'm using the Sony A6500.

I tried using the SeaFrogs focus gear rig but the 3 tiny nubs broke off when I tried to put it on the lens. It also scratched up the exterior of the lens as well. The camera + lens did not fit in the 4" dome port when I inserted it and scratched up the dome port. The camera + lens fits in the 6" dome port but the lens is so wide that it captures part of the interior of the dome port and part of the petals of the shroud for the 6" port.

Has anyone had experience using the Samyang/Rokinon 8mm Fisheye lens with the 4" dome port and the 6" dome port? I'm using the Sony A6500.

I tried using the SeaFrogs focus gear rig but the 3 tiny nubs broke off when I tried to put it on the lens. It also scratched up the exterior of the lens as well. The camera + lens did not fit in the 4" dome port when I inserted it and scratched up the dome port. The camera + lens fits in the 6" dome port but the lens is so wide that it captures part of the interior of the dome port and part of the petals of the shroud for the 6" port.

Which 8mm? The f/3.5 or f/2.8?

Per seafrogs port chart, the 2.8 only fits in the 4 in dome, and the 3.5 only in the 6 or 8in port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom