New a6xxx housing from Meikon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

28941966_10213246921705914_1492005845_o.jpg
Finally had a chance to dive the rig this week in the pool. I had a 1lb weight bolted to the bottom of the tray to lower the centre of gravity... still has a tendency to pitch to one side. Problem is unbalanced arms. I have a strobe on one and two video lights on the other. I have some stix floats that I'll play with to raise the buoyancy of the one side. Controls were good, shutter lever is a huge step up from the original Meikon a6000 housing.

Pool wasn't deep enough to test if I had one of the leaky backs but it was bone dry.

Overall the SeaFrog/Meikon/KitDive gear is damn good gear for the dollar.

Attachments

• DSC00059 (Large).JPG
    DSC00059 (Large).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00117ps (Medium).png
    DSC00117ps (Medium).png
    611.7 KB · Views: 107
Heh, there's a countdown timer on seafrogs.com.hk, down to less then 48 hours for new stock to become available...

Regarding balance - have you tried moving the 1lb weight to the more buoyant side rather than having it in the center?

Heh, there's a countdown timer on seafrogs.com.hk, down to less then 48 hours for new stock to become available...

Regarding balance - have you tried moving the 1lb weight to the more buoyant side rather than having it in the center?

Thanks for the hint... moving the weight hadn't occurred to me lol

Oh damnation - the countdown counter at seafrogs.com.hk jumped from less than a day to more than a week.I should have ordered the black one when I had the chance, useless grip and all - I'm flying out in 12 days, and unless a miracle happens, I won't get it before then. Perhaps I may be able to order one to Koh Tao, or buy a 16-50mm lens in Bangkok and use my current housing...

Yeah I saw that too... hoping they at least mail out my replacement before they repack all the housings.

Fingers crossed for you.

Yup... just got a similar e-mail.

So I'm headed on a liveaboard dive trip (Cat Ppalu) with a DSLR housing that MAY leak between 5 & 10m and a video camera that is still working through it's bugs (Paralenz).

This is going to be an interesting trip

Hey, at least you have a liveaboard... my operator just dropped me an email saying that they don't yet have enough bookings for my chosen date and may end up canceling the trip - and I have already booked all the flights, hotels and transfers :eek: They say they'll know for sure by the end of the month - booking a replacement with less than two weeks of lead time may prove interesting.

Well... Seafrogs/Meikon is a stand up company and reciprocating my patronage, loyalty & hashtagging of their product over the years. They are sending me a back in time for my trip. Not just any back... but the first of the new ones that has been to the Philippines and back for real world testing. Yes it's "used" but I'll take it.

Hey, at least you have a liveaboard... my operator just dropped me an email saying that they don't yet have enough bookings for my chosen date and may end up canceling the trip - and I have already booked all the flights, hotels and transfers :eek: They say they'll know for sure by the end of the month - booking a replacement with less than two weeks of lead time may prove interesting.

Yikes... hope it works out for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom