New a6xxx housing from Meikon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got mine today, I'm so far positively surprised by the general build quality. I'm doing a quick pool test soon, but I'll write a longer report after I've gotten it into the sea in late May / early June.

rFjMM18.jpg

j1I6tST.jpg

5zJnBIl.jpg

j401gk7.jpg

XFy4YwI.jpg

I was also able to find a pouch from AliExpress which fits the case + handle perfectly. Here's a (clean, non-affiliate) link for those interested: Meking 3828 Partition padded bags DSLR camera insert Protector Case bag black color 36cm*26cm*25cm-in Camera/Video Bags from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Has anyone tried the Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN ART with the dome port?

The built-in extension ring of the dome is 67mm long, while Sigma 19mm is 45mm long - I suspect that it will vignette when the front element is placed that far back, and it will certainly miss the dome's nodal point. Maybe wait for the compact dome release? Shouldn't be long now.

The built-in extension ring of the dome is 67mm long, while Sigma 19mm is 45mm long - I suspect that it will vignette when the front element is placed that far back, and it will certainly miss the dome's nodal point. Maybe wait for the compact dome release? Shouldn't be long now.

Ah ok that makes sense.

I wrote Meikon support some time ago asking this specific question, this is what I got in response:

"It is custom made SeaFrogs system and unfortunately we don’t have the technical details for that port yet."

IMG_7736.JPG
I think either Vivid will need to make a custom adapter like they have for other housings or you'll have to wait for the Seafrog/Meikon version. It's a multi level, multi o-ring setup....

IMG_7734.JPG
IMG_7735.JPG

Pool test passed. It's very buoyant though, and I was thinking of getting a 1 or 2 lbs lead weight and zip-tying it into the tray, right underneath the dome. Which one should I go for to make the whole thing a tad negative?

Last edited:
Pool test passed. It's very buoyant though, and I was thinking of getting a 1 or 2 lbs lead weight and zip-tying it into the tray, right underneath the dome. Which one should I go for to make the whole thing a tad negative?

REALLY depends on what else you have attached... tray, grips, arms, lights, strobes... all affects buoyancy. You really just have to play with it until you get it where you want it. Take some weights and zipties to the pool and start experimenting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom