new apeks - no manual - question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmbdiver

Reaction score
Let me preface this by asking folks to skip the anti-LP pro-LDS arguments for now. I've recently found a good LDS and will be giving them my business from now on. Moving along...

Here's the situation: I just bought an Apeks ATX-50 from LeisurePro. It did not come with any sort of manual. I have searched online and have not found an ATX-50 manual, just some older stuff.

My question is this: the high-pressure yoke inlet appears to be blocked off by a hard white material. If this is a sintered filter, it's different (smoother, less obviously porous) than the ones I'm familiar with. Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about? Is this just a different kind of sintered filter, or is this some sort of seal that needs to be removed prior to use?

Disgusted that I even need to be asking this question,
-hmbdiver

Apeks regs have recently started using the same internal conical metal filter that previously was only used on DIN regulators, on both DIN and yoke regulators, and ceased using the sintered filter on yoke fittings. The smooth plastic (maybe with some small slots in it?) you are seeing is merely a cap to replace the old sintered filter. The filter is the only change, the "yoke clamp connector" (brass bolt that the filter is in) remains the same. AFAIK you do not remove this piece of plastic.

There's probably no reason to upgrade old regs, although it would be possible.

Just means you have a very recently manufactured regulator.

I have not seen one close-up, but it is described and shown in the new ATX200 service literature, which is mroe up-to-date than the older SeaQuest/Apeks PDF service manuals floating about the web.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom