New Aqua Lung LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomcat

Reaction score
I have just completed 6 dives on a new Aqua Lung LX second stage with a Titan first stage. This baby breathes so easy that I have air coming out of my nose.

Even though I have the breathing resistance dial set to the min (meaning I have to breathe harder), half the time I feel as though air was being forced into my lungs rather than having me to suck the air in.

The deepest that I have gone on this reg is about 80 ft. No perceivable variability in how easy it breathers, regardless of depth. One cool thing that I noticed about the mouth piece though. It has a bridge connecting the left and right sides of the mouthpiece. If I press my tongue against the bridge while breathe, I am able to mix moisture into the air, making it less dry and a whole lot more comfortable. Not sure if I am mixing saliva or seawater in. I don't taste any salt so I suppose the moisture must have come from me.

Can anybody share their experiences on the Aqua Lung LX, or about how a regulator can breathe so easy that air comes out of your nose!

tomcat

I just bought one for my wife. She tried it in the pool yesterday and was very pleased with it. I took a few breaths from it as well, and it does breath great. We haven't had a chance to dive it yet, but we will soon. The only thing she dislikes about it is that it has a tendency to honk on the surface when it gets dry, but that's no big deal and she's pleased with it so far. She made no mention of it forcing air on her, but I'll have to check that. Rumor has it that it's actually an Apeks reg with Aqualung's name on it. Possibly the new, upcoming, Apeks CTX line? Who knows, but the internal parts sure look like Apeks's handy work.

Hey Warhammer,

Glad to hear that your wife likes the reg. I think it only honks if the reg is not pressurised. I do agree that it is a pretty unladylike sound though :Þ.

Also, it seems to be a pretty good reg for recreational divers, being relatively lightweight. I appreciated that very much, having to lug my gear around from buses to boats, etc.

As for the LX being an Apeks in disguise. With all the consolidation going on and manufacturers cross-selling each other's products, i wouldn't be surprised.

tomcat

I wondered what her reason was, maybe that's it. Hers still honked a little after being pressurized, but not after she got it wet. It didn't do it while she was on the surface, after having it submerged, so it must be a only when bone dry deal. It also makes sort of a thumping sound when you submerge it upside down and while it's not in your mouth. For instance it done it when she was practicing reg recovery with the instructor and tossed it aside. Scared her to death! Anyway, if that's the only minus, then I'm sure she'll be tickled pink with it.

Back
Top Bottom