new aqua-lung mistral

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations! Share some pictures when the time comes.

I went ahead bought my first Vintage DA. It shipped today and I expect to have it home in a week. Look forward to seeing what I bought. :D

We are all sorry, but at least you have already joined the support group. :)
Are you planning on coming to Portage?

Somehow the Navy used harnesses with horsecollars for decades, sternum strap and all. They may still, for all I know.

I am 5'-10", 150 lbs. and haven't had a shoulder strap come off. But, if one did fall off and I couldn't get the darned thing loosened and I was having difficulty breathing my vintage Sea Hawk would be out in an instant. This discussion has reminded me I need to sharpen it!

While I am cutting myself from my harness after spending 1,000 dollars to make a particular dive, where would be my 4,000 dollar camera. :(

Realistically, I don't think we have universal concepts as to the purpose of diving and to the vintage fit in that universe.

I am not in the Navy, what the Navy did or does has no impact and little to nothing in regard to my civilian scuba pursuits.

N

@ Herman - Yep! Plan to make it to Portage. Karl is giving a giving a Vintage equipment seminar to our dive club in July and then the club plans to go to Portage in August.

I think the Members will enjoy watching the equipment in action. Not sure I'll be diving my DA put I will at least be diving my new Mistral. :wink:

Cool, I have give a couple of vintage talks at the local dive shops and did a couple of "try vintage scuba" demos in the pool. All seem to be popular. Don't know if I will make Protage but it's high on the summer plans list.

While I am cutting myself from my harness after spending 1,000 dollars to make a particular dive, where would be my 4,000 dollar camera. :(

Realistically, I don't think we have universal concepts as to the purpose of diving and to the vintage fit in that universe.

I am not in the Navy, what the Navy did or does has no impact and little to nothing in regard to my civilian scuba pursuits.

N

Ah, I was just ribbing you, Nemrod. I hope you know I highly respect your opinion and take your advice to heart. Seriously.

I went ahead bought my first Vintage DA. It shipped today and I expect to have it home in a week. Look forward to seeing what I bought. :D

Congratulations! , Now you will have to learn how to roll to your side to clear the exhaust hose of water, do a backwards somersault to find your free flowing mouthpiece and why it maters where the can is located relative to your head and back. Not to mention various other idiosyncrasies of the beast.
Good luck and welcome to the bubbles behind you club.

She just arrived. Here are some pics. These are the same pictures I have posted at vintagedoublehose.com . Now it's time to get her all dolled up and looking sharp!

da2.jpg

da3.jpg

da4.jpg

da5.jpg

da6.jpg

If you go for new hoses, I always like the yellow hose with a black mouthiece, the colors really pop in a photo. The yellow hoses are correct for the first year at Pico Ave, but that yoke knob has to go, that knob was only on a later West Warner Ave. reg.

Tick, tick, tick, - That is the sound of the count down till you buy your second double hose - I'd go for a Mistral or a RAM.

Last edited:
wilbkr1, do you plan to do the work yourself, or farm it out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom