New artificial reef off Phuket soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunrise Divers has never been in Patong, always Karon Beach....

I did work for Dive The World for about 18 months in Patong.

No, nothing new. The official plans are still to sink it of Bang Tao. I guess that is also where it is going to end up, but I'm still hoping it may up somewhere else. Small chance of that happening though IMO.

Hmmm... I heard from someone who would probably know... they said the local big wigs around Bang Tao had paid plenty of money to get the planes sunk there and it would be very unlikely that they'd be sunk somewhere else (more suitable).

they said the local big wigs around Bang Tao had paid plenty of money to get the planes sunk there
Yes, they (Bang Tao OrBorTor) are basically paying for the operation, and hoping to make a profit from the entrance fees the divers have to pay. I don't think that is ever going to happen though.

So to sink the planes somewhere else, somebody else would have to pay for that. That is unlikely, but here in Thailand, you never know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom