New Austin bubbler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friend of mine did some shore diving in Hawaii years ago; never been myself. From what I understand, the water's a bit chilly by Caribbean standards, there are a number of endemic species, and the reef topography is different from what I'm used to in Florida and the Caribbean. I get confused reading about the very foreign (to me) sounding place names; if you're heading to a specific island, that should narrow things down nicely. Hawaii is also known for shore diving.

If you're not fairly well traveled, I recommend making your 1st trip or two with a group. Especially if you head to Bonaire, where driving a truck around an island with foreign traffic signs can confuse you.

In time, you may well want to independently book your trips, which is what I do these days. That has more to do with not having to request time off based on the group's dates, staying whatever number of days works for me (7 vs. 8), diving with the op. of my choice, etc...

Richard.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...very good advise here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom