New BC needed for tiny doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishyhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I use a Zeagle Brigade and recently picked up a pair of LP46 tanks. The weight of these doubles is close to the single LP95 tank I dive with now.

Will the width of the small tanks be enough to prevent the bladder from fully opening?

@Fishyhead total weight of the tanks is irrelevant, it's buoyancy of the rig. The 46's are much more negative than a single LP95. Few pounds for the bands, few pounds for the crossbar, few pounds for the second valve and regulator, etc.
Width of the 95 is 8", the doubles will be 11" plus the gap in the middle, so considerably wider.

That said, the Brigade has IMO a very poorly designed wing for single tank diving being as wide as it is, and the 35lbs of lift should be fine for the LP46's provided you aren't overweighting yourself, so the rig may work better with the tiny doubles than it did with the single

Thanks for the information.

I plan to dive this setup in a 7mm wetsuit and currently use 15# with the LP95.

I was going to drop my lead down to 10# and see where I end up. Does that seem like I'd be overweighted?

Thanks for the information.

I plan to dive this setup in a 7mm wetsuit and currently use 15# with the LP95.

I was going to drop my lead down to 10# and see where I end up. Does that seem like I'd be overweighted?

no idea. Don't know your body composition or if you were overweighted with the 95, don't know which valves are on there, how wide the bands are *both band weight and crossbar weight*, don't know which first stages you are using, etc. Only way to know is check.

I finally had a chance to dive thes tanks today with the Zeagle Brigade and it worked great with 6# of ballast. Blue steel bands, Thermo valve and manifold, and Dive Rite XT life backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom