New book on the RMS Rhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Visitors to the British Virgin Islands will probably be familiar with George Marler's classic book on the RMS Rhone. After 30+ years George and his wife Luana are releasing an updated edition. I understand that it is not due out until early next year (no Christmas present stocking fillers, sadly), but the first 15 pages of the book are available for preview:

the Royal Mail Steamer Rhone | Book Preview

(Rhone Man is not affiliated with George and Luana Marler in any way, except that he tried unsuccessfully to date their daughter once. Shortly thereafter they moved to Texas, but Rhone Man likes to think that was just a coincidence.)

Since you are from the BVI perhaps you can update me--The Muirheads.

Last contact with Annie at DEMA she indicated Duncan was "not well" I do not know if it was age, illness or fatigue, can you up date me?

At that time daughter Shasha was completing her boarding school and was anticipating marriage

Cheers sdm

Since you are from the BVI perhaps you can update me--The Muirheads.

Last contact with Annie at DEMA she indicated Duncan was "not well" I do not know if it was age, illness or fatigue, can you up date me?

At that time daughter Shasha was completing her boarding school and was anticipating marriage

Cheers sdm

I'll ask and circle back. My parents are good friends with the Muirheads.

Hey Rhone Man, Thanks for the plug on the New Edition of the Rhone book. It is available now and I will receive my copies tomorrow so that I can preview the entire book in soft cover, hard cover, wrap and hard cover, dust jacket with flap. All three are available through blurb.com. When can we expect you to publish your first book? George Marler

I just finished reading the excerpts, and you have my compliments...It is very beautifully written. I've never heard of the Rhone before, but you learn something new everyday...

Back
Top Bottom