New Camrecorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubateacher

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi I need to get a new camrecorder for my sony marine pack housing. It would be nice if it is a sony but other brands are ok.The one thing it has to have is LANC control. The housing will only work with this type of control. I know it is old but it works well and beside new housing cost to much. I would like a new camrecorder, so buying a used camcorder is not for me. Thanks for any help

Sony does not currently make a camcorder with a LANC terminal. Several years ago they switched to an A/V Remote Terminal design. I believe the last Sony camcorder to use LANC was the HDR-HC7 which you can still find selling new occasionally. There's one left here: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-HC7-Definition-Camcorder-Optical/dp/B000M3HVLQ - it's $1599.

The only Canon camcorder that I'm currently aware of that has LANC is the VIXIA HF G10 - $1299 retail at Amazon.com. I'd also make sure that your older Sony LANC protocol works with it.

And more critically that you can mount the camera in your housing so that it's centered in the port both horizontally and vertically. This could be an issue with either camera - depends on what Marine Pack you have.

I had an old poly housing once that used LANC. I watched eBay for a while and picked up a like new high-end Sony Hi-8 camcorder for around $100 - original price was $1500. But that was at least 5 years ago.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom