New Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom A

Reaction score
My daughter got here c-card through SDI its a junior cert card now that shes 16 does she need to get a regular card thanks Tom

She still has junior limitations on her so yes, she should upgrade.

how do i go about updating it

I'm not a SDI instructor but what I usually do is a brief academic review with the former junior diver and then jump in the pool for a few minutes and make certain they remember how to dive. Then I'll issue the update.

All you need to do is go to your dive shop with her junior cert card. They will fill the form out to upgrade her to the regular ow cert now that she is 16 and charge SDI's fee for a new card which if I remember correctly is $15 but may be a bit more maybe 30. The dive shop will then receive her new card usually within a week and you could pick it up.

You can also go to International Training :: Home :: and find another SDI facility near you if the original facility is not convenient any longer.

Gary Hicks
SDI Instructor

Back
Top Bottom