• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

New charges for Sotis (Add helium)and Emilie Voissem (Nexus Underwater)

Discussion in 'Scuba Related Court Cases' started by cerich, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Dr. Doug Ebersole

Dr. Doug Ebersole Instructor, Scuba Staff Member

I was a free lance KISS instructor for Add Helium. I had no financial interest in the business itself. Peter and Add Helium do owe me money from a personal loan, however. Unfortunately, not money I ever expect to collect.

2. Dr. Doug Ebersole

I supposed I am listed as Add Helium owes me money.

abnfrog and shoredivr like this.
  3. Wookie

Wookie Secret Field Agent ScubaBoard Business Sponsor

You seem to be in good company, you, UPS, PayPal, etc. I’m guessing Peter didn’t consider it a personal loan and intends to discharge it in Bankruptcy.

4. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Indeed, that is what that is. You are part of the list of liabilities, in other words who they owe.

Sadly collecting is pretty rare in these cases, hope it is not a huge amount

5. Dr. Doug Ebersole

It was several years ago, before the Rob Stewart tragedy or any of the Libya mess. Peter was always a good friend to me and I helped Add Helium as a KISS instructor if they had customers who wanted to purchase a KISS from them. I loaned Add Helium some money and they made all of the interest payments but they defaulted on the balloon payment of the loan when they closed up shop. With the Feds involved, they get precedence so I doubt I'll see the rest of the money. However, from a business standpoint, I felt I had to file suit against them. Don't feel bad for me -- the amount of money involved won't make or break me. I was just trying to help out a friend.

I know Peter has generated very strong feelings from some people here and elsewhere on Social Media which I try to stay out of. He was always a good friend to me. I feel sad for everyone involved. We have all made bad decisions at some point in our lives. Thankfully, they don't usually have lifelong consequences. Unfortunately, it looks like Peter made some he may not recover from.

cathal, MarkFlory, TrimixToo and 5 others like this.
  6. Cert1967

Cert1967 Let's Go Skiing

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    The Robotka lawsuit was initiated ~3 years ago.

At that time the ownership was 80/20 - Sotis, Robotka.

I doubt, given the lawsuit, that Ebersole would have become a member in any of the LLC given this action. More likely, he is a creditor of one of the entities. Subsequent BK filings should flesh out this question. My guess, DS paid for goods not delivered from a Kaizen entity - hence he is a creditor.

Good people, very good people - Ebersole - sometimes get drug into unpleasant actions.

Robotka's allegations, taken at face value, have parallels to the federal indictment.

Robotka v Kaizen, et al - 161222 CACE 16-023011 DIV21

Three LLCs, see 3,4,5 of complaint
    1. Kaizen Int Solutions, LLC - FL
    2. Add Helium, LLC - DE, wholly-owned sub of Kaizen
    3. Oncourse, LLC - DE, wholly-owner sub of Kaizen
    Ownership of Kaizen, AH, Oncourse see 10,11,12
    1. Sotis is the managing member of Kaizen, 80%
    2. Robotka is minority shareholder, 20% (the term "shareholder" is used loosely in the complaint)
    3. Kaizen is the sole owner of Add Helium and Oncourse
    Storage Unit Ownership, see 16
    1. "Kaizen, and/or its subsidiaries own a storage unit located at 2290 NW 19th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311, Unit, 006."
    K, AH, OC own/operate other entities, see 13
    1. Rebreather World, LLC
    2. TruDive
    3. Add Helium Training
    4. Add Helium Travel
    2016 Kaizen Rebreather and diver propulsion order - LIbya customer. See 21-31
    1. #28. "Also unbeknowst to Robotka, Sotis was aware that the Libyan customer was a known militant in the region."

Attached Files:

Ayisha and Johnoly like this.
  7. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    answered in post above yours.

8. shoredivr

shoredivr Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Thanks for explaining that. It didn’t add up in my mind that you were involved in this skulduggery. Hoping that you are not dragged down by events.

Dr. Doug Ebersole likes this.
  9. Dr. Doug Ebersole

Thanks, but I am not affected all. I just feel sad for everyone involved. I may lose a little money which will have zero impact on me whatsoever.

I like Peter. I like Emilie. I like Claudia. Add Helium had a great business model and promoted rebreather diving. I liked Rob Stewart. The captain and crew of Horizon Divers are all great people. I don’t know anyone in Libya so no comment there! It’s just very sad that so many good people have been hurt by all of this and, unfortunately, Peter finds himself in the middle of it all.

Granted, our actions all have consequences and we must pay for our mistakes. However, “Let he who who has not sinned, cast the first stone.....”

MarkFlory likes this.
  10. BurhanMuntasser

BurhanMuntasser Dive Charter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!

We are nice people too, just going through rough times because of foreign powers butting in our affairs. You will like us and like the diving here :)