New computer question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thought I wanted a wrist mount, now thinking console with a air gauge. The Giotto seems easy to work, is it liberal or conservative? I was looking at the Geo 2 and the Mares Smart for the wrist, do they make console models?
Thank you,

Hi @Matt B

See my reply to your Geo2 vs. Smart post. Cressi also runs a RGBM variant and may be a little more conservative than Mares. Oceanic makes 2 hosed AI consoles and the Veo2 is available in a console with SPG, compass if you want.

You still need to do your reading on decompression algorithms :)

Thought I wanted a wrist mount, now thinking console with a air gauge. The Giotto seems easy to work, is it liberal or conservative?

Do you own your own regs?

Hi @Matt B

See my reply to your Geo2 vs. Smart post. Cressi also runs a RGBM variant and may be a little more conservative than Mares. Oceanic makes 2 hosed AI consoles and the Veo2 is available in a console with SPG, compass if you want.

You still need to do your reading on decompression algorithms :)
Thanks, I just read 2 articles, one was by simply scuba and forgot where the other one came from. Just what I thought but really not that much depth of information.

ah, OK. I wan't sure if you were planning on asking the shot to attach your own console to their regs every time you rent a set.

ah, OK. I wan't sure if you were planning on asking the shot to attach your own console to their regs every time you rent a set.
Gotcha, I have a Suunto computer that I think is around 20 years old. Original battery. Just keeps working, but it may die at any time.

To answer your earlier question: giotto is a 2-gas computer with deeper "algorithm limit" than cressi's basic model; leonardo. IMO that was never worth its MSRP and now "starter" DCs offer most/all of the same functions at half the price, so... However now you can find them on sale and if you do simple deco dives, it may be worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom