New cruise boat pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Early reports put it near the car ferry and then near sunset Beach (just above the Armada SAR facility?). Above the ferry puts the land across the street near a protected Cenote (note the bridge on the cross street from the car ferry pier)
With any luck Fonatur will be involved and botch the design and engineering like they did with the marina

Someone needs to tell them Carnival Cruise Lines has sold or scrapped 18 ships, suspended work on those on order.
I do hope that this stops the new pier.

I am more inclined to think NCL is the intended customer. They tried to sell their Puerto Langosta interest (49%) to Carnival about 10 years back since they could not get their new fleet of Mega ships into it due to the airport runway restrictions on the approach lanes. After 5 years of f&$king around with the local family who had the controlling interest carnival built the stinger on Puerto Maya. I tend to think this pier (which will fu@k up Villa Blanca reef) is the work around to dealing with the local dysfunctional family that controls Puerto Langosta

My understanding is that it will be a home port with departures from Cozumel.
That seems unlikely to me. Cruise ship home ports tend to have good infrastructure for getting the cruseros to and from the boat; Cozumel has only a small airport and a ferry to get people on and off the island. It isn't my wheelhouse, so I dunno, but 3000-5000 people coming in all at the same time to get on a cruise ship sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

Back
Top Bottom