New DC1200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral-Reefer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received a DC1200 with strobe but have to wait for the wide angle lens because my wife was not aware of the fact that the Elite version came with all three for the same price as the camera and strobe!

I only have a couple of hundred dives over a 5 year period (half in our cold dark lake and half in Cozumel with a few NC wreck dives sprinkled in) and I always said I would not get a camera because I felt it would interfere with the serenity I experienced while diving.

Well, I was very excited when I opened the camera and started reading. I didn't realize how much anticipation I would feel when thinking about using it but I have to wait until May when we return to Cozumel! RATS!

I have a feeling this is going to open up a whole new aspect to my diving I never realized. Guess I will start paying attention to the photo sections of Dive Training and Sport Diver ! :)

No real questions just excited about the camera set up. Oh, I am thinking of going ahead and getting the diffuser for the strobe. Think it will help? And, do I really need the wide angle lens for now?

Congrats on the New Camera!

The diffuser is a nice accessory to have with the flash and helps soften the lighting and helps eliminate some of the backscatter.

As for the Wide Angle Lens, you can add at any time so no rush on that.

Also, use the camera and flash on land, in the housing, to get used to the controls and the positioning of the flash. Also, if you get a chance to get in a pool with the camera, do it. Good practice on buoyancy control and putting all that dry land practice to use while in the water.

Have fun and post some pics!

SeaLife Joe

You will most likely enjoy your new DC1200... I have been doing uw photography for 5 years now and I really enjoy mine after trying different cameras.

However, uw photography calls for a totally different kind of diving. On ''normal dives'' you would usually cover a rather large area with your buddy/group. With a camera, you will cover a smaller area and will stop at some places and take a lot of pictures of the same subject to get the ''perfect one''. You won't be able to do so if you dive with a group of ''normal divers''.

Good luck and remeber that only practice makes it perfect!

I am looking forward to using it. My next chance will be Cozumel in May and the drift diving with a group is not conducive to my getting to know my camera. And, I beleive the first few days diving will be with 3-4 other people. I am thinkng I will Just shoere dive the first full day, maybe from Blue Angel Caribe Blu so I can relax, not be bothered with much current, hopefully, and play around with it.

I am looking forward to using it. My next chance will be Cozumel in May and the drift diving with a group is not conducive to my getting to know my camera.

Ahhh. Coz drift dives. Perfect time to shoot video!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom