New Deep 6 DGX reg at Dive Gear Express

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah Chris. Such a diver. Such a salesman. Such purity of motives.

Someday you shall have to learn marketing. Behold:

Two Drink Minimum

And in the land of marketing, you will have to avoid the perils of channel conflict, and learn to choose a brand strategy and then keep it constant.

I like your products. I dive your products. I wish you the best.

Ah Chris. Such a diver. Such a salesman. Such purity of motives.

Someday you shall have to learn marketing. Behold:

Two Drink Minimum

And in the land of marketing, you will have to avoid the perils of channel conflict, and learn to choose a brand strategy and then keep it constant.

I like your products. I dive your products. I wish you the best.
No channel conflict..We don't have dealers. Not in the plan.
We see DGX as a channel for a product at a price point we won't offer, but that they have been very successful in. It will also expose our brand to a wider audience as DGX has a very robust global footprint..

Its a condo and the mail system there sucks. They leave a sticker on the door that the wind blows off in minutes, then going to the usps office requires 3 trips as they are useless in that location. Cant find it, come back tomorrow, etc. Its happened too many times.

DGX is close, so they're my "go to" place now when im down :)

Someday you shall have to learn marketing.
Chris doesn't need to 'learn marketing'. He's beyond that and trying to reinvent it for the Scuba Industry. I've seen Chris reinvent himself three times now, and each iteration is a great improvement over the last. Will he succeed in his attempt? Probably. The only major hole in his strategery, is the lack of a left hand second stage from the line up. :D :D :D As much as I want one so I can dive his regs on sidemount, I doubt that it will impact his brand one bit. I also enjoy harassing him about it! Probably a bit too much.

Chris doesn't need to 'learn marketing'. He's beyond that and trying to reinvent it for the Scuba Industry. I've seen Chris reinvent himself three times now, and each iteration is a great improvement over the last. Will he succeed in his attempt? Probably. The only major hole in his strategery, is the lack of a left hand second stage from the line up. :D :D :D As much as I want one so I can dive his regs on sidemount, I doubt that it will impact his brand one bit. I also enjoy harassing him about it! Probably a bit too much.

I am pretty sure I noticed the laser etched part# on a D6 second stage was identicle to one of my "other" brand 2nds. I suspect you could get creative and swap reversible housings with a HOG 2nd and have your matching left hand reg. If you are that determined to have them match.

If you are that determined to have them match.
Why lie? I love Chris. He's like an older/younger brother at the same time. I don't feel a need to lie to or for him ever. The converse is true and one of the biggest reasons we both trust each other. That we refuse to bite our tongues and be quiet for the convenience of others is why we're both equally loathed by many in the industry. Both DGX and Deep 6 Gear are huge competitors and they don't play nice with others in their sand box. That's good for the consumer, but not so much for other dive shops. I'm surprised that they found a way to work together, but I think that's cool. Maybe DGX will get him to do left hand regs? What a way to be able to charge more and make it distinctively different at the same time.

It bummed me out when I found that I would never be able to buy another reversible second stage from the other guys. Im with Pete I demand flexibility; bring on the reversibles.

@The Chairman the key isn't left hand regs, it's knocking off yet another apeks design and using the same paradigm that they use in all of the XTX series where they are all reversible nothing but an adjustable wrench to get the hose and nut off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom