New discovery of WWII HMS submarine wreck in Libya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the latest message, Arebi.

The thought of my uncle Wallace (Wally) Barrow being in that situation is upsetting, but thank you so much for finding his last resting place, and treating the relatives like myself and my sisters with such respect.

I do hope one day to be able to visit the site and pay my own respects to Wally. Until your discovery, we did not know the circumstances of his death or the whereabouts of his submarine.

Thanking you again,

Judy Barrow

69 Years ago.

Today marks the 69 anniversary of the lost of the British Royal Navy HMS
Submarine P32. August 18 1941.
A day of remembrance for all who lost their lives on the P32 doing their duty.
our condolences to all the families.

Reg. Arebi

in memory of those who lost their lives on the HMS P32 Agust 18, 1941

we discover the submarine wreck inTripoli ( April 1999).

the story of our discovery will be coming soon..

Arebi
Hi, I contacted you a couple of months ago about whether you have come across The wreck of HMS Sikh ( mentioned above) which went down off Tobruk 14 September 1942. I have some coordinates given me by someone on this forum, but no depth. They are apparently 32 degrees 05'N, 24degrees 00'E . I am trying to work out where they are. Is this an areanyou know?

69 Years ago.

Today marks the 69 anniversary of the lost of the British Royal Navy HMS
Submarine P32. August 18 1941.
A day of remembrance for all who lost their lives on the P32 doing their duty.
our condolences to all the families.

Reg. Arebi

Life is weird sometimes - I ended up on this thread on August 18th, 2011. Great story altogether, thanks for sharing.

Arebi, This thread has blown me away! The range of emotions it evoked actually made me tired. You are a very lucky diver. In one dive you found an undiscovered wreck and provided closure for many people. Job well done to you and your team!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom