New Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thomasbrown02tb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have purchased my first dive computer and it had instructions saying that to wake it up from factory mode two certain buttons have to be pressed for some seconds. However I was not initially aware of this and switched it on by removing and inserting the battery again. Is it still safe to dive with since it was not switched on as reccomended by the factory/manual
?

Thanks

Hi everyone, I have purchased my first dive computer and it had instructions saying that to wake it up from factory mode two certain buttons have to be pressed for some seconds. However I was not initially aware of this and switched it on by removing and inserting the battery again. Is it still safe to dive with since it was not switched on as reccomended by the factory/manual
?

Thanks

It should be just fine. The same thing would happen when you change the battery. One of my own dive computers came with a dead battery, so it turned on for the first time when I changed out the battery. It's worked perfectly since.

ETA: My computers are Oceanic OCIs and typically turn on the first time (if the batteries are good) by pressing 2 of the buttons.

?

Thanks

Should not be a problem. What kind of. computer is it?

It should be just fine. The same thing would happen when you change the battery. One of my own dive computers came with a dead battery, so it turned on for the first time when I changed out the battery. It's worked perfectly since.

ETA: My computers are Oceanic OCIs and typically turn on the first time (if the batteries are good) by pressing 2 of the buttons.
Thanks .. mine is oceanic as well but geo 2

You should be okay.
My very ancient Oceanic Delta hockey puck had a flooded battery box since somebody who shall remain nameless did not replace the gasket when changing out the battery.

With some advice from this Board, I cleaned the box, new gasket, new battery, and hooray, normal display.

You should be okay.
My very ancient Oceanic Delta hockey puck had a flooded battery box since somebody who shall remain nameless did not replace the gasket when changing out the battery.

With some advice from this Board, I cleaned the box, new gasket, new battery, and hooray, normal display.

You did not read the manual first!
I hope you did everything right on the battery removal and re-installation.

I have a Geo 2 (well, two of them thanks to @tridacna ) and, as long as all the screens look correct, you should be good to go. Now, @Centrals may have been a bit jarring in his statement, but he does have a valid point regarding re-installing the battery. I’ve never had a problem but have read some accounts of the cover not being put on correctly which causes flooding. Make sure the “ear” at the bottom is flush with the body and you’re all set. It’s a good little computer that I like a lot. Enjoy!

Erik

Back
Top Bottom