New dive destination South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all hope you well
I have taken the liberty to take 5 of our students and my wife to Sodwana Bay and then to Mabibi all in a course of a week, I then had a vote between the two sites and I personally see the differences as
Sodwana: allot more commercial and allot of divers there are students
Mabibi: expensive as hell and quite
My opinion is I would rather pay less at Sodwana and stay longer, rather than stay a day and be bankrupt.
To the climate and the water and sea life be it animal or coral hard and soft ITS THE SAME the only difference is Sodwana being a more commercial destination has bit less due to the quantity of people and uneducated divers there was a 1 degree difference in the water and by geographical standards 20KM is not going to make a hell of a difference.
My wife is in the travel industry as well and her opinion is sell Sodwana, coz us as South Africans are being nailed from behind by the exclusiveness of Mabibi and I can honestly say the price difference for the experience is not worth it no matter what the travel agents say .
I loved Sodwana and I will go there again. But unless Mabibi opens there door to the regular street walking hard working South African they can suck my :letsparty:

Ok, there you have it - from the horse's mouth - subject now closed......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom