New Dive Organizer almost perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rafal1676

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys it helped that Mares change software team, and Dive organizer (beta) works almost perfect. I found only three small problems. First: in Diver tab under Certification when I try to put more than one certification I'm getting error. Second in Dive Chart tab under Dive info visibility is in meters not in feet(my Dive organizer is set for ft).And last one, under Dive Chart Tab in Settings it shows that my computer is set for metric system (depth unit in meters, temp in Celsius) not imperial but on dive diagram it shows in imperial system.
That all what I found by now, and finally after my critic words in other post regarding dive organizer I must say good work Mares.

Hi Rafal. Thanks for the feedback. Are you referring to the latest and just released 2.5 beta? Thanks,

Zak

I'm glad one company finally did something about the terrible software that came with the dive computers. Hopefully, the remainder of the companies will follow suit and get a new software company that cares.

Thanks for the support all. I'll take note of the bugs you found and pass them along.

Sincerely,

How cool!

I would love to see some consistency among PDCs.

Hey,

Thanks to all for contributing to bug fixes. I echo the "Way to Go" comments on the new software team for this product. I had given up on giving feedback to the old team. This software is finally showing some good data and presentation. Here are some more "opportunities" for improvement.

Additional bugs in beta not yet reported in this thread but reported before:

On the Dive Chart tab:

1. If you trace the line with the cursor the time always starts at 12:00 AM instead of the true start of dive clock time.
2. The print on the bar chart is too small to read.
3. The surface time always is blank on my dives even during multiple dives on the same day. Maybe that is normal?

On the Tank tab:

1. Tank Volume field: Put in 72, stores as 72.0000000000002

I was able to put more than one certification... I think that was an error someone reported but I am not seeing it.

Naboo

P.S.

I don't know about the rest of you but I would love the see a print function in this software. It would be great to be able to print off stats and share with my buddy off the Dive Chart data (all tabs except pictures).

Naboo

Naboodiver I did report problem with certification entry. I also could put more than one cert. but when I try to save it I was getting error.After closing it I had two certification but insead of "PADI open Water Diver" and "Enriched air diver" I had two "Open water diver" with my certifications numbers or two "Enriched air diver" (but one is for OWD anotehr for ENX).I hope its clear now.
PS. if I can sugest something I think it would be good idea if we could put photos of our dive sites,certifications,etc in to dive organizer.

Notes taken and sent to programmers. Thanks all.

Zak

Back
Top Bottom