New Dive Truck Rental Option in Bonaire: Ultimate Dive Trucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m picturing something similar to the secure storage device that I have in my truck. I will say that they’re smart to not post specifics on the make of the storage compartment, how it works, etc.

They’re designed to deter any “smash and grab” thief and all but the most determined “I have power tools and I’m not worried about hanging out and making a scene until the cops show up” thief.

Having mounted mine...as I alluded to above...the only way someone is getting to your valuables is with: 1. A copy of the key, or 2. Going ‘Wreck it Ralph’ on your truck.

YOU ARE ONE SMART DIVER>>>>>>>BINGO!

The tank wells on the side look low. Would some people have to do a deep knee bend to strap themselves in? Maybe the next video will show the tall guy in the blue shirt putting a bcd on.

If you are still in the development / improvement phase and are open to suggestions: A folding step or miniature tailgate in front of each well could provide some place to sit while donning / doffing gear and be out of the way as well as preserving the advantages of your existing design.

I think you might, if you haven’t already, also contact some of the places that package lodging, tanks, and vehicles. I would pay more than a standard vehicle, but we usually get a package and have no choice in the vehicle.

The times we did not get a vehicle package and rented the vehicle separately was because we needed an automatic transmission.

Here is our most recent addition to the YouTube Channel:

We considered having a seat, but we found that it was not necessary because the diver backs up to the station and it sits at an adequate height.

This video will show you this.
BTW, the "Guy in blue shirt" is Eric Olson, my husband of 25 years, and the inventor of the Patent Pending truck bed. He's 6ft tall. You can see that it works very well for him.

We are going to have 5 of the Ultimate Dive Trucks in our fleet and we do intend to reach out to luxury resorts and villas, as this is our primary demographic: those who appreciate the finer details and amenities that are provided in this truck rental for divers.

Hope you find this helpful.

I love it but again, where's the sun shade that should be included?:p

It doesn't have a grill? Omg

I mean really, look! Doesn't it just fit perfectly?

20190802_023731.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190802-023655_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802-023655_Samsung Internet.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 177
Bending over to pull your stuff out of a tub in the dirt when you have three metres of tray and
considering you are selling practicality ease comfort and whatever is the most counterintuitive
thing I have ever seen, also considering many "divers" will be bending up and down ten times.

With regards to the clientele you are hoping to attract and the fact your video is not part of an
art exhibition Stacy, for the business would you consider wearing a nice blue top like Eric has

20190802_024812.jpg

:rofl3:

Bending over to pull your stuff out of a tub in the dirt when you have three metres of tray and
considering you are selling practicality ease comfort and whatever is the most counterintuitive
thing I have ever seen, also considering many "divers" will be bending up and down ten times.

With regards to the clientele you are hoping to attract and the fact your video is not part of an
art exhibition Stacy, for the business would you consider wearing a nice blue top like Eric has

That's ridiculous. They both look great.

And the divers do not have to take the bins out if they don't want to. Besides, where do you access your bin?

Every liveaboard that I've been on has their bins on the floor so bend down it is.

I mean really, look! Doesn't it just fit perfectly?

View attachment 532295

This would be awesome....but I think we'd eat more than dive if this was part of the set up. But,who knows.... anything is possible.

Fun banter.... thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom