New DiveCon requirements ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that one would even need a "class" to put someone on O2... stick it in the nose and over the ears, turn it on and Voila!..., you Cant do it wrong... and on the surface you cant hurt anyone (its not like their gonna tox or anything)... seems jus' like another way to exort another $100 out of you... you need a "Class" to learn how to put someone on O2? really? ... seems to me you could cover that in 5 minutes of your Stress/Rescue class. :(

Really? Do you know when to administer O2? How much? 2 psi / sec? 5 L/min? 25gal/hour? What? When do you stop administering it? How do you hook it up, turn it on? What is the best way to administer - cannella (sp?)? Mask? What's that baggie thing?

Administer O2 without training and you violate the law in pretty much every state, I believe.

I found a team of EMT Basics attempt to revive a non-breathing toddler with a pulse less than 30 and no chest compressions. Amazingly, when I started proper CPR and used positive pressure with 100% O2 he started responding, pulse came up and he was taking breaths on his own. I had the pleasure of seeing this near drowning victim, the only one I've ever saved, a week later, walking, talking, fully intact. I was told that his core temperature was 89 degrees on arrival to the hospital. We believe he was under water for a few minutes, he went in the grandparents backyard and fell in the covered pool, November in Oklahoma.

So, moral to the story is there are right ways and wrong ways to deliver oxygen. This kiddo would have died if the wrong had continued all the way to the hospital.

Last edited:
Really? Do you know when to administer O2? How much? 2 psi / sec? 5 L/min? 25gal/hour? What? When do you stop administering it? How do you hook it up, turn it on? What is the best way to administer - cannella (sp?)? Mask? What's that baggie thing?

Administer O2 without training and you violate the law in pretty much every state, I believe.

I stuck it on his face and turned it on Full Blast? could I hurt him? would it be better than doing nothing?

yeah thanks for your "contribution"....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom