New diver buying 1st reg, Deep 6 or Hog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not trying to bash them at all. Landon still has not responded to my email about this. As well, they used to sell the kits on their site.
maybe it’s me and I am in their $h1t books:)

Spoke with Chris. He called me. He clarified what their policy is and that when I saw the kits on the site it was a temp measure to help a client, and it was only online for a few days. and that if I need a kit, they will send them to me gratis. that is a good thing since shipping the regs to US from Canada can be costly and I can’t get to the states to dive anytime soon. I hope this clarifies things.

With respect Steve, I was referring to free service. I will be talking soon with you about my regs.

Interesting how both entities with "turn the world on its end" plans have gone back to the old ways of mainstream thinking...

To clarify for observers, the mainstream way of thinking is that in order to buy a service kit, I must be an approved dealer with an approved technician, which also requires courses, renewals, and usually a minimum yearly spend with the manufacturer to keep that status. The tech status also links to the shop so if they part ways, the tech has to recertify. That is the current state of play for most big brands.

Requiring that someone show that they have an idea what they are doing before they buy service kits, and then they are freely available, is not the same thing. Chris looked at my Poseidon tech cert, showed me on a Skype call what to look for and what was specific about their regs and done. They also do a lot of courses, many of them next to free (DEMA, historically).

I think we have a tendency on SB to make things harder than they really are.

Mind if I put this in my signature?

Mind if I put this in my signature?

Well, shoot...I’m honored. But you know, I’m kinda dumb so I wouldn’t attribute it to me. That’d be like hooking your front landing gear on the arresting cable rather than your tailhook.

@rhwestfall. After speaking with Chris, he clarified D6 position. They do not sell the kits but if you need one, they will give you one for free. Just ask. So I apologized for misunderstanding their policy, but to your point, they have not gone back on anything. just want to clear the air here.

Back
Top Bottom