New diver/ emergency strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone I’m new to diving and new to this site. Going on my first ocean night dive next month and am looking for an emergency strobe that is reliable and doesn’t take up a lot of room. I am looking at the tek tite mark lite strobe. Does anyone have any experience with this product. Thanks

Welcome to ScubaBoard Eric. I second @JackOfDiamonds recommendation. I have those and they are well made.

Hello everyone I’m new to diving and new to this site. Going on my first ocean night dive next month and am looking for an emergency strobe that is reliable and doesn’t take up a lot of room. I am looking at the tek tite mark lite strobe. Does anyone have any experience with this product. Thanks

TekTite lights and strobes are good quality products.

The TekTite Mark Lite is not a strobe, it is a constant on glow light that could be used instead of a chemical light stick to attach to your tank so your buddy can pick you out of a group of other divers. Your dive light is brighter.

If you want something to use on the surface within sight of the dive boat to show where you are, your dive light will do.

If you want a strobe you can leave on the anchor so you can find it later, get one of the low end TekTite strobes.

If you want something to use if you get lost and are out of sight of the boat, you need to get the brightest, longest lasting strobe you can afford.

TekTite lights and strobes are good quality products.

The TekTite Mark Lite is not a strobe, it is a constant on glow light that could be used instead of a chemical light stick to attach to your tank so your buddy can pick you out of a group of other divers. Your dive light is brighter.

If you want something to use on the surface within sight of the dive boat to show where you are, your dive light will do.

If you want a strobe you can leave on the anchor so you can find it later, get one of the low end TekTite strobes.

If you want something to use if

Home » STROBES

checkout.gif

MARK-LITE STROBE Discounts Apply !
FREE Ground shipping over $90

Zoom

Pocket-Size Emergency Strobe Beacon

The

This is what I was looking at. Thanks for the info though.

That one would be OK for a marker light. It says it's 200 lumens, which is not a lot. Your dive light is probably between 400 and 1000 lumens. If I was going to buy one to have in case I needed rescue, I would go with one of the 7 or 10 watt models.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom