New diver from NC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdejong11129

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Here is my introductory post as a newly certified open water diver.

I took the PADI Open Water course and finished my last check dive on Friday-August-11. It was an awesome experience and has been on my bucket list for quite some time. I did it on Royal Caribbean on a 7 day cruise. My open water check dives were done in Jamaica and Cozumel. Two were from a boat and 2 were walk in's from the shore. Some with a wet suit and some without so plenty of options. Even with all the skills we had to perform we still had time to do some sight seeing. It was a life changing experience for me to say the least.

I live in North Carolina and have already scheduled my next dive for this weekend!

Here is a picture taken on the last dive with the TG-5. I will post othe

There you have it....

Brian

Congrats and welcome to the wild and wonderful life under water.

Welcome to the wonderful underwater world of diving, Brian. I, too, am in NC but a little bit farther west than you. But I come to the Raleigh area a couple of times a year to dive at Fantasy Lake and now there is a new dive site just east of Raleigh called Mystery Lake that was supposed to open around the end of July.

Maybe we will cross paths some day while diving.

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I'll be in your neck of the woods in 2 weeks to dive in Markham/Hyde with Aguatic Safari Divers for the first time there (even in NC). I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I'll be in your neck of the woods in 2 weeks to dive in Markham/Hyde with Aguatic Safari Divers for the first time there (even in NC). I'm looking forward to it.
I'm doing that dive this weekend. My first time as well. I'll let you know how it is.

Reactions: Dan

Back
Top Bottom